December 09, 2008

Quote of the Day

Anderson has been getting up in the middle of the night quite a bit lately. He'll show up at the side of our bed at oh let's say 3:30 and say, "juice, please." Last night, before bed, I asked Marc if I could have one undisturbed nights sleep. Translation: tonight's your night, babe! So at some early hour, I heard some little footsteps and the boys' bedroom door open and then I heard Carter yelling, "No! No! No!" Marc jumped out of bed and stayed with the boys until about 6 this morning when his phone went off in my ear and I had to get up and tell him he'd gotten a text from a co-worker about road conditions. I asked him what Carter was doing yelling last night. Apparently, Carter had heard Anderson getting up last night and went scrambling down the bunk bed ladder trying to tell him to go back to bed. I chuckle when the image comes to mind--Carter can be such a good big brother when he wants to be!

Side story: as I left the boys' room after getting Marc up at 6, I heard Carter laughing in his sleep. . .twice. :)

3 comments:

daveanddebbie said...

What a sweet brother! I'm glad you got more sleep than the night before, even if it wasn't quite as much as you'd hoped for.

Rachel said...

Ahh, the joys of motherhood. What cute, sweet boys you have.

Berly said...

How funny - i love the little giggles and the helpful screaming. There is nothing like interrupted sleep - makes me SOOOO mad.