June 12, 2012

Everyday Monday

I've been reading A Girl named Gay for a while now and a few days ago this post of hers inspired me.  I've been looking for something for my blog that might resemble Taco-Tuesday on the dinner menu for quite some time and I think I found it.  And the bonus is that I'll be paying more attention to those everyday things that I sometimes tend to miss because lets be honest, it's overwhelming raising children. Period.  Let alone 4.  With the last 2 still being quite small--I like to call them babies and hope I grow out of that by the time they are 18!  Time will tell.

So I had every intention of starting this yesterday.  Except for I had a major meltdown (over a DVD remote that couldn't be located when I was going to do my pilates).  It wasn't pretty and then I hated myself for the rest of the day for getting so angry over something so inconsequential.  It was the perfect way to start Everyday Monday since I wasn't paying much attention to anything except how some days I hate myself.  Then, ironically someone I don't know re-posted and commented on one of my pinterest pins: President Monson's quote, "Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, I'll try again tomorrow." I couldn't quite hear that last night and even though I was still raw this morning, I heard it ever so quietly.  So here I am.

Even though it was a fairly dark day yesterday, Ella was one little glimmer of light.  While the big boys were at baseball practice I pushed her in a swing at the park a few feet away.  The way she sat in the back of the seat with her legs attempting criss-cross applesauce in front of her and her hands holding on to the seat, her red hair blowing in the wind and her 5-tooth smile looking at me...that was enough for one day. 

different day, different swing, same girl with the same windblown red hair.

But right before I crawled into bed, Marc pulled out the souvenir he got me from his weekend in California--a hoodie from a Newport Beach surf shop that initially I thought would be too small but fits just right.  I love it.  (And it might be the very first thing in all the years we've been together that he's picked out all on his own that I wouldn't return even if the store was down the street. And that's saying something because I am the queen of returns.  For real.)

3 comments:

Natalie N said...

Yay! I loved this update, and I really loved that quote from Pres Monson. Thank you for sharing.

Wait--your baby's hair is red?! I don't see it! Guess I'll just have to see her in person!!! ;)
xoxo

p.s.--Thumbs up to Marc for the sweatshirt. How thoughtful!

foreveryoung said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom who says things I regret. Thankgoodness for new days and fresh starts and kids who are so willing to forgive!

Colleen said...

Oh how often do I wish I could restart the day?! I think capturing the little things you love is a perfect thing to blog about! It was fun catching up on Thursday, we will have to do that more often!