May 24, 2012

Eight years ago I was laboring with this child:
 
(He was born at 3:11 am on May 25 after approximately 38 hours of excruciating back labor...a morphine shot helped with that at the beginning and an epidural put me to sleep for the last 8 hours.)

 One year ago I knew she would arrive in only two days: 
This is how I felt about that but you can read her story here.

Let the celebration begin:
Balloons are hanging.
Pizza Night tonight.
Slurpees afterwards.
(because I drank a few in the last days of Carter's pregnancy)
Birthday pancakes and presents in the morning.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Donuts to share with classmates.
Maybe a special lunch (if the parents can fit it in with all the packing for--)
"Cabin"ing with friends.
And we're just getting started!

I'm so excited.  I've been waiting for this for a whole year.
(Ella is getting her first doll but I can't say a peep about Carter's gift because a. I don't know what it is yet and b. he can read.)






3 comments:

Natalie N said...

YAY for birthday season! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Enjoy!! :)
xoxo

foreveryoung said...

Seeing you back in blogging mode makes me so happy! So much to be celebrating, enjoy!

Colleen said...

What a special time of year! "Cabin"ing sounds like a great time.