February 14, 2009

[My boys are] Never Too Little To Love

I bought this book as a valentine for my boys.
I love:
Carter's nose and it's sprinkle of freckles.
Anderson's BIG blue eyes and his long, thick eyelashes.
when they wrestle and Anderson takes down Carter and keeps him down without even trying.
Anderson's blond fuzz on his forehead, the back of his neck and his ear lobes. He's had it since birth and it hasn't completely gone away.
how Carter has been really snuggly lately.
when Anderson walks around with his blanket on his head, over his eyes, with his thumb in his mouth.
that Carter and Anderson have basically identical feet, that besides growing in length haven't changed since birth.
when I see glimpses of Carter actually caring about and for his little brother.
how Anderson's tummy bulges to an unthinkably round size after he eats and eats and eats--he'll eat anything, almost!
when Carter raises his eyebrows and his forehead wrinkles up exactly the way it did when he was a baby.
kissing Carter's forehead.
kissing the space between Anderson's nose and top lip.
snuggling my boys and reading to them in my bed.
the space between Anderson's two front teeth.
on the other hand, I really hate when Anderson screeches when he's unhappy with Carter which he just did so I better finish!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I got that book too :) Hayden loves it!