February 14, 2009

lead me out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me.

St. George 2008
Valentine's 1999: I was a freshman at BYU and supposed to have been dating a boy who seemed extremely into me-- until we were official, that is. Then he flaked, flaked and flaked some more. So two days before Valentine's Day my neighbor and I decided to take a break from Provo and go stay with some friends in Salt Lake. We were only "out of town" for two days and we got home on the afternoon of Valentines. When we got home, Marc was hanging out in our dorm commons area and we hung out all night. I woke up the next morning to e-Roses in my email box, from Marc. (Somehow my flaky-supposed-boyfriend didn't even send me a card.) Marc's been one of the only constants in my life ever since. Ten years ago, I could only have dreamt that we'd be married and moving through life's ups and downs together. Really and truly, it just goes to show that dreams do come true. Our story is living, breathing proof, at least for me. Happy 10th Valentine's Day, babe.

6 comments:

Danette said...

ah, cute. now where is a freshman pic?

Misty said...

I want the freshman pic too! But seriously, having been there 10 years ago, I am SO happy that your dream came true!

Berly said...

I love it!! I also am requested a freshman pic. Fun Memories!

foreveryoung said...

Awwwww, the sparks were definately flying at Whitney Hall! Can you believe it's already been 10 years?? Ours is coming up in June and I swear we're not THAT old! You guys are such a cute couple, congrats. Oh, and I'm glad you like the foccacia bread :)

Jenny said...

That is a great story! Can you believe that was 10 years ago?! Freshman year, was it really that long ago? Sheesh. Was it freshman year when we had Humanities together? Wow.

wackywilsons said...

You are such a poet! I love how romantic you are...can I steal your words for my honey??