June 21, 2008

my new favorite salad

Last night as I ate this salad for dinner--my sister shared the recipe with me over a year ago and I regretfully just tried this week, it's so yummy I should have tried it along time ago--I thought about a Gilmore Girls episode where Jess wonders why people ruin salads by putting weird ingredients in them like raisins. I had already begun this blog in my head so I hopped on line hoping to find his exact quote for the post title. No such luck, so this post is turning out quite differently than I had hoped but I'll share the recipe anyway. Try it, it's so yummy and for all those "non cooks" don't be intimidated by the lack of measurements.

greens (I used spinach and romaine)
roasted chicken breast, diced
Emerald's glazed walnuts
dried cherries (I got mine at Costco, but Target or Trader Joes also have yummy ones)
feta cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette (I'm using Newman's Own; it's tasty)

Serve it with some sourdough bread or rolls and it's a perfect summer salad.

6 comments:

Danette said...

you can also add some sliced green apples for a little more yumminess.

Rohm Family said...

my mouth is watering- thank you for all the recipes you post I LOVE it

Natalie N said...

Sounds great! We'll definitely have to try this soon.

Phillips Flips said...

I've been looking for some good salad recipes - this looks great! I loved your spinach/chicken/craisin/poppyseed dressing salad at the reunion last summer. I have to look at some of your older recipe posts too. I've been so out of the blogosphere lately...

wackywilsons said...

I loved your supermama experience, and those frozen strawberry drinks sounded so yummy! Thank goodness for nice strangers and hero-like hubbies.

I hope despite it all, you got your errands done!

Berly said...

YUMMMM!! Those are my kind of salads