May 01, 2008

Missing Northridge

While we love living in Colorado, close to family, with mountains so close they provide immediate recreation and an incredible view, I can't help but miss living in Northridge. When we moved we left dear and irreplaceable friends and took with us three years of fun memories. We would have stayed if it would have been the right decision and if we knew we could have provided a home with a backyard for our kids, but it wasn't meant to be so we moved. This has been on my mind lately but I'm writing this today because today (it's May 1st, mind you) I drove Carter to school in blustery wind and blinding snow. Yep, you read that right. MAY 1st. SNOW. Those two things just don't equate! So obviously, one thing I miss is the warm, bright sun. And here is a picture log of a few other things I miss.

The beach. Carter has asked two times in the last month to go to the beach. I did a half chuckle half groan both times because oh, wouldn't that be so fun!

Both Carter and I miss his friends. When I asked Carter who he wanted to invite to his birthday party at the end of the month the first person he asked for was Logan (the boy on the left). Even after a year, he hasn't forgotten how much fun he had with the boys he played with twice a week. I haven't forgotten the bond I had with the boys' moms, either. While I've made a few friends here, there are days when I really wish I could be back in California with my friends there, too.

Los Angeles had some great parks. This one in particular had tons of old trains. Carter asked to go there just the other day. If Colorado Springs has great parks like this one, we have yet to find it!

We also miss the occasional visit from Marc's side of the family. His sister, bro-in-law, and 4 boys lived a few hours away and we'd visit with them a few times a year. I adore these boys--there aren't many boys that are growing up to be better than them! His parents also flew in to visit a bit more often (because they had a house down the street from his sister that they vacationed at) and it was always fun to see them.

No comments: