April 29, 2008

Another Consumer Poll

Now that all of my paint drama is over, I have another poll for all of you. Washers and dryers. Hmmm. I remember a few years ago when a few of my friends were raving over their new high efficiency front loaders. At the time, I just saw how expensive they were and thought, A washer is a washer. What does a $1000 washer do that a $400 washer doesn't? You'll never find me buying one of those! But it never fails, I always end up eating my words and now that I'm in the market for a washer and dryer, I kind of want a high efficiency front loader. I haven't done any research on them yet--just seen all the commercials, but I thought while I do my own research I'd poll you guys again. What kind of washer and dryer to you have? Do you love them? Do you hate them? What do you recommend?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Go with your first instinct: "A washer is a washer. What does a $1000 washer do that a $400 washer doesn't?" Unless you're going to have a bunch more kids, then it might be worth it, only maybe.

Misty said...

My Sis in law FINALLY bought her first W/D after 10 yrs of marriage. HEFront Loader...I'll ask her the brand if you want to know...it was a nightmare! It made little holes in all their clothes and the company WOULD NOT refund them. Anyway, now she recommends to everyone that they buy appliances at Costco b/c they will always take them back. She eventually bought another HEFront loader there and LOVES it! Just a thought. My mom has one too and I SWEAR it gets my clothes crazy clean.

Kim Walker said...

Hey Diana,
It's Kim (Hudgins) Walker from 232 in Whitney Hall. I haven't heard from you guys in so long!!! I found your blog on Natalie's blog. We have a blog too: www.wvwalkers.blogspot.com How are you and I see you have 2 boys. We have two girls and I am expecting our first boy in June, yeah!!! Derrel is so excited. I'd love to hear from you!

Rohm Family said...

do you ever listen to clark howard- he says don't buy a front loader b/c they are still new and break a lot??? To me a washer is a washer, as long as it isn't super cheap- I'd rather spend the extra 400 bux I'd save on a nicer dishwasher or light fixtures. The red front loaders are really pretty though :)