January 08, 2007

Old friends


Last Friday we ventured down to Huntington Beach to make a farewell visit to our friends, the Barlows who are moving to London this week. I regret that we've lived so relatively close to each other for 2 1/2 years and I've only been to visit twice--the last time was 2 full years ago. Alex was my first mom friend. We actually met while I was a sophomore at BYU when we were both single, then we ended up meeting again in a married student ward two years later when Marc and I were first married. She already had her first girl, Brooklyn, whom I instantly loved. It was her cute little personality that instantly made me baby hungry--and Marc and I had seriously just been married a month. Brooklyn was only about a year old at the time and now she's 5 1/2! How time flies. Now we both have multiple kids in tow and Alex is still as patient and as laid back as ever--I'm still trying to master those skills I have admired in her for so long. Good luck in London, you guys! Your kids are so adorable and fun. We'll try to make it there before you move back.

No comments: