February 13, 2009

Quote of the Day

A few months back, when The Children's Place was having their $5 shirt sale, I stocked Carter up with his winter long sleeve tees. I picked them out, a blue one with grey stripes. A red one with blue sleeves. A brown waffle tee with orange stripes. He almost immediately decided he hated the brown one. On the other hand, it was my favorite of the three. The only way I could get him to wear it was if he saw (or was convinced because of an empty dresser drawer) that all of his other options were dirty. Even then, he'd be pretty upset about it. But when he ended up with the brown and orange shirt on I'd ALWAYS tell him how much I love that shirt and how handsome he looked. Yesterday, I asked him to get himself dressed while I got things ready for us to run errands. I walked in his room to get Anderson dressed and he had his jeans on and swung the brown and orange shirt around to show me that is what he picked (even though there were plenty of clean shirts in his drawer). I asked him why he picked that one. He said, "I like hearing you tell me that I'm wearing your favorite shirt." Then, on our first errand, when I asked him to stop running up and down the aisle of Walgreens and to stand by me, he immediately ran to me and hugged my leg. I really love my Carter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

k- I LOVED THIS!!!!! how cute is he...and Dane come up and see's his picture on the compute..."mom...a friend!!!!" call me and come play

Jennifer said...

That was adorable!

ixoj said...

Very cute!