April 21, 2008

oh mister sun, sun, mister golden sun, please shine down on me

As I've stated before, weather here in Colorado is a little weird. Back in March we had one day to break out the flip flops and then we were back to boots and coats for quite a while. Last week we experienced one day of almost 80 and sunny and the very next day it was literally blowing snow all around and Carter's school was cancelled. Seriously, it's April and definitely time for some serious sun! It must be the roller coaster weather patterns that have thrown me off because it's only when I look at the calendar that I realize it's almost May and we should have some consistent amount of sun soon. I am hoping that the bottle of sunblock can become a permanent fixture on my counter top instead of hiding in the boys' medicine cabinet. We did pull it out the other day, and as I slathered it on the boys' arms, ears, cheeks, and necks the smell of it took me back a few years to when Carter was one and we would take our weekly trip to Hurricane Harbor, the Six Flags water park that was only a twenty minute drive away. We had so much fun splashing, swimming and going down the kiddie slides. We'd play until we were both tuckered out, then I'd change Carter into some dry clothes, walk to the car and he'd sleep all the way home. I miss those days when we smelled of water and sunscreen. I've been seeing advertisements for season passes to the water park in Denver and I really want to get some, but this time, I'd have to pay for two plus drive at least an hour to get there. I wonder if it would be worth it. Maybe next time I have to pull the sunscreen out of the medicine cabinet I'll decide that yes, those memories or definitely worth the $120 + gas.

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Water parks are so fun, but the weird thing is that they don't have hardly any here in the sunny state of AZ. I think it's because everyone has a pool in their backyard or neighborhood, but still, I miss all those big slides and fun kiddie pools. I say enjoy it and make the most of it (and then maybe take out a loan for the gas :)!

wackywilsons said...

First of all, your little Linus is adorable and that GREEN blankie is so handsome!

I do hope you find some fun summer things to do...man, it must be gorgeous in CO in the summmer...hikes, swimming, parks, etc.

I want to see some pics of your house projects as well!!!