January 03, 2008

A Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I went to Disneyland--with 2 kids by myself no less!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Hmmm. I know I kept one for sure--I ran my 1/2 marathon and I know we've made a big improvement in holding FHE. Those are the only two I remember so those are the only two I probably kept! This year I want to get stronger--I've got cardio down but now I want to work on core and upper body strength-- and make a jean quilt by summer so we can go on lots of picnics. I also want to read one book per month.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister, my old roommate, and an BYU buddy (Pretty much all of my closest friends had babies when I had Anderson and we're just grounded enough to not want another one the next year.)

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What states/countries did you visit?
Utah, Idaho and a quick visit back to California

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
more patience, please! and a home to call my own.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Wow what a seemingly uneventful year when you can't think of a single date that sticks out--lots of events actually happened but no dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Can I say I was instrumental in bringing about Marc's graduation from his Masters in PT program and acceptance to a great job? Yes, yes I can. He couldn't have done it without his fabulously supportive wife.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure was probably the many days I didn't spend enough time with the kids or the many times I didn't have more patience with them.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
YES! The entire month of October I was sick with one thing or another--a severe stomach bug, then a gall bladder attack, then a cold. On the bright side, I lost a little bit of weight during the month.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I am so happy to have my Gilmore Girls coat right now--it's a blue puffer jacket like Lorelei's (and no that's not the reason I bought it). I love Anderson's new ride on toy that Santa brought because it brings out the squeals of excitement when Dad pushes them around really fast. Oh, and the bunk beds. We found bunk beds that match the color of wood in the boys room on Craigslist for only $150.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Carter, he's such a sweetheart most of the time and because potty training him wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm going to go with someone else's thoughts here and say--like I'd mention that here on my blog for everyone to read!!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent.

15. What are you most excited about?
I'm trying to let the excitement overwhelm my anxiety about our next big step--buying a home.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Blake Lewis' rendition of You Give Love a Bad Name, Taylor Swift songs

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? I'm not sure--probably the same
b) thinner or fatter? thinner--I'd just had Anderson last year
c) richer or poorer? richer--hello we get a paycheck every two weeks now!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? played with the kids

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watch t.v. or waste time on the internet!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home all day. Playing with the kids and hanging out with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No

22. What was your favorite TV program?
American Idol, Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no

24. What was the best book you read?
It Takes a Mother to Raise a Village

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Josh Groban's christmas CD

26. What did you want and get?
we got a job that allows us some comfortable wiggle room when I need some retail therapy! at least until we have a mortgage, then we'll have to see

27. What did you want and not get?
Seriously, I think I'm one lucky girl because I have pretty much everything I want but now I just remembered I desperately wanted a new car when Marc graduated but we decided to hold off since we'll be buying a house and part of a PT clinic in 2008.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Bourne Ultimatum for sure! I totally have a crush on Jason Bourne. I also really liked Ratatouille and Meet the Robinsons. (both for kids but both so great.)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. On my actual birthday I had a friend over for lunch and we took the kids swimming. Marc took me hiking and to dinner that weekend.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe if I were perfect, then I'd be satisfied. This will clearly never happen.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I'm either moderately fashionable or a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal. I definitely like fashion, though and would spend more money in this department if I had more to spend.

32. What kept you sane?
Seriously, running, my Gilmore Girls hour/day, phone calls to friends, and deciding the house doesn't have to be spotless, just clutterless.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I renewed my crush on Jess Mariano of GG and Jason Bourne. I can't say I like the actors because I don't know who they are (nor do I want to because that may ruin the image of the characters they play)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not into politics, but I wish I were

35. Who did you miss?
Danette, and all of Carter's friends and their moms

36. Who was the best new person you met?
My new friend Jen

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Life is crazy and the only way to get through it is to take direction from the Lord, that means do whatever it is that He wants you to do and do it well.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Sorry to disappoint my dad here because he really thinks everything can be summed up in some song lyrics, but I can't think of one here. I'll bet he can though--I'll consult him and re post.

3 comments:

Rohm Family said...

this is so fun - I am going to copy you :) Sounds like your christmas was so fun, 500 cookies! Thank goodness for the kitchen aid :)

foreveryoung said...

What a fun idea. I'm very impressed that you not only remembered your resolutions, but did them as well. You are my new inspiration :) Happy new year!

Misty said...

I love your blog! It is always so fun to read!