November 01, 2007

A Pirate's Life for Us

During the month of October, Carter went around telling people he was going to be a "Carrot Boy" for Halloween. We got smiles, funny looks, and laughs. I always had to translate because no, Carter was not going to dress up as a big orange vegetable. He wanted to be a pirate boy! He would also go around singing his version of "Yo ho, Yo ho. A pirate's life for me." His came out in an almost gruff voice and with a swinging arm he'd say, "yo ho, carrot me." It kept us smiling the whole month long.

Tuesday, Carter finally got to don his costume for his school Halloween party. For the 10 minutes drive to school he kept saying that he was going to show Miss Amy his pirate costume. The party was super fun--we did three different crafts one of which was a scary popcorn stuffed plastic hand with the candy corn as finger tips. Miss Amy told the kids to scare their daddies with it and that's exactly what we did when Daddy got home on Tuesday. We also ate a super fun orange jello graveyard snack and exchanged treats. Carter took his friends pretzels we dipped and sprinkled with Halloween sprinkles the day before.

We had a classic Colorado Halloween yesterday. The day was sandwiched with beautiful weather on the other days (I'm talking 70 degree weather!) but Halloween is always cold here and yesterday was no different. Instead of going trick or treating, we participated in our church's Trunk or Treat and it's a good thing everyone including us started running out of candy in half and hour because at that point we couldn't really feel our fingers. Carter was a trooper and hit every trunk and said "trick or treat" and "thank you" at each. Anderson wasn't sure what was going on as he rode along in the stroller, but a few people handed him treats to hold in his cold fingers. Mostly, they just laid in his lap as he shivered. When we got home, we sorted through the candy. I know I might offend someone by saying this, but I think a lot of LDS people are cheap because by this afternoon I had eaten all the good chocolate. Before you think I'm a super oinker, it totalled to be maybe 8 or 9 pieces. 10 max! I guess that's not such a terrible thing though because now I won't gorge myself on Halloween candy until Thanksgiving. I'm through and the rest is for the boys!

Enjoy the slide show.

1 comment:

Beth schell said...

Texas Mormons are super generous with their candy! We got several whole candy bars and it all came down a conveyor belt like when Lucy and Ethel worked at a factory on I Love Lucy! And it was warm here too!