November 16, 2007

Autumn

Having been able to slide through the last three winters without running into too much of the white stuff, I have been extremely grateful that our fall weather has extended this far into the season. Our California blood has been spoiled to say the least. I wake up every morning thinking this is going to be the day I have to bundle us all up but that day hasn't really dawned yet. The temperature is still in the high 60's for the most part which means we still go to the park a few times a week, we go jacketless in the afternoons, I haven't purchased mittens for the boys yet. It means a lot of things. It also means that even though we mostly missed out on the fall colors in the mountains because I was sick for almost the whole month of October, we were still able to enjoy a warm family hike to enjoy Autumn a few weekends ago. We had a lot of fun! (I'm not sure why I decided I needed to hold Carter for our family photo, but I did so this is the way it turned out, his feet swinging out and all!)

3 comments:

Misty said...

You have the cutest family! Wow. All this blogging really makes me want to see you....

Colorado Smarts said...

That picture looks very familiar to a picture that I have only with my family. We love that little hike! Fun times!

Rebecca said...

Your family is sooo cute! I can't believe how big your boys are! I think the last time I saw you, Carter was just a little baby!